Molly has had a lifelong interest in women’s issues and women’s empowerment. With time, that passion came to focus on birth and breastfeeding and from there evolved into a commitment to the entire spectrum of Women’s Mysteries throughout the seasons of a woman’s life. After the empowering birth of her first son in 2003, she realized she felt a deep calling to support women and their families as they prepare to give birth in confidence and joy. Molly became certified as a childbirth educator with ALACE in 2005 and with ICEA in 2009. In 2010, she became certified with CAPPA and also completed a Prenatal Yoga Teaching Training workshop through YogaFit. Molly found a delightful niche teaching private childbirth education classes to individual couples in their homes and fulfilled this calling for seven years. In 2012, she transitioned to facilitating birth skills workshops in conjunction with Rolla Birth Network. In 2014, RBN began offering a monthly Birth Circle, co-facilitated by Molly and the she again transitioned, this time away from face-to-face teaching and into the development of her own workshops, trainings, and books. She has a special, passionate interest in birth art and has been developing her original series of birth art sculptures into a series of pewter cast sculptures, pendants, and cast resin sculptures on Etsy. Molly has been an LLL Leader since 2005 and also spent 7 years of service as the editor of the Friends of Missouri Midwives newsletter.
Molly holds a master’s degree in social work with an emphasis in family and children’s services, a master’s degree in women’s spirituality, and a bachelor’s degree in psychology. Prior to her work with birth, she worked in shelters for battered women and in a residential agency serving the families of critical and terminally ill children. She has a special interest in women’s spirituality and Goddess traditions and is currently a doctoral student at Ocean Seminary College, where she completed a M.Div degree in women’s spirituality/Goddess studies in 2014. In July 2012, she became ordained as a priestess and enjoys facilitating a variety of rituals and ceremonies, primarily focused on women’s rites of passage. She is available to facilitate weddings or handfastings, mother blessings, rites of passage celebrations, and other ceremonies and rituals in the Rolla, Missouri area.
Molly has been married to her wonderful husband Mark since 1998 and they have three living sons and a daughter. The Remer family lives in a straw bale house in rural Missouri and enjoys raising chickens and gardening. In addition to her interests in birth, breastfeeding, and women’s health, Molly also loves reading, yoga, and making and teaching many kinds of crafts. She loves to write and blogs about birth at talkbirth.me (as well as past blogs about midwifery: cfmidwifery.blogspot.com and miscarriage: http://footprintsonmyheart.wordpress.com). Molly is also on the faculty at a college where she teaches in the Human Services degree program.
About Molly’s Qualifications:
- Certified Childbirth Educator (CAPPA, earned certification in 2010)
- Certified Childbirth Educator (ICEA, earned certification in 2009)
- Certified Childbirth Educator (ALACE/IBWP, earned full certification in 2006)
- Sacred Pregnancy Mini Retreat Instructor Certification training (certified September, 2014)
- Sacred Postpartum Mother Roaster Certification training (certified November, 2014)
- Chrysalis Woman Circle Leader Academy training (June, 2014)
- Certified Prenatal Fitness Educator (ICEA, earned certification 2010)
- Prenatal Yoga Teacher Training (YogaFit, 2010)
- How to Lead the Birth Art Process training (online course from Birthing from Within, 2010)
- Neonatal Resuscitation Certification training (2010)
- Completed ALACE labor assistant (doula) training workshop of 25 hours (2007)
- Certified Breastfeeding Educator (through Lactation Consultant Services. 30 hour training course, 2004)
- Volunteer breastfeeding counselor (accredited 2005)
- Ordained Priestess, Global Goddess (ordained 2012)
- Co-Founder, Rolla Birth Network
- Friends of Missouri Midwives Newsletter Editor (2006-2013)
- Writer of the CfM blog (2008-2014)
- CAPPA Quarterly book & film reviewer (2008-2010)
- Citizens for Midwifery Board Member & CfM News Editor (one year term 2007-2008)
- Mother of three delightful sons, a daughter, and a fourth son forever in my heart (14 weeks 5 days gestation. See miscarriage blog.)
- Completed DONA postpartum doula training workshop of 30 hours (2004)
- Master of Divinity degree, Women’s Spirituality/Goddess Studies (2014)
- Master of Social Work degree (2000), Clinical Track, Concentration: Children & Family Services
- Bachelor’s degree in Psychology (1998 )
- Four years experience at Ronald McDonald House Charities of Mid-Missouri.
- One year experience working in a daycare setting with children ages birth to 7 years.
Molly is the author of a book about Womanrunes (a system created by the late Shekhinah Mountainwater), the miscarriage memoir Footprints on My Heart and three social service oriented booklets: Talking to Someone Whose Child is Dying; Talking to a Battered Woman; and A Quick Guide to Successful Volunteering.