“When he becomes a father, a man leaves behind his life as a single individual and expands into a more inclusive role. He becomes a link in an unbroken chain. And in doing so, he himself undergoes a birth process–the birth of himself as a father.”
–John Franklin (FatherBirth)
It is almost Father’s Day and Brigid’s Grove is taking a some time to acknowledge fathers. We have two downloadable father-related gifts:
We also have some Special Father’s Day sale items in our etsy shop.
Father’s Day represents an important milestone for us, since it was this time three years ago that Mark gave his notice at his job and took the leap into a full-time, home-based life with the rest of us. This was prompted in many ways by his desire to spend more time with his family, which I wrote about several years ago in my Fatherbaby post:
We have discussed how each of our babies has been a catalyst for big changes in our home situation. Our first baby was the catalyst we needed to move away from our by-the-highway-no-yard townhouse in a city and onto our own land in the country near my parents. Our second baby was the catalyst we needed to finish building our real house and to move out of our temporary house and into our permanent home. So, we are now wondering what kind of catalyst our baby girl will be?
The baby girl of which I spoke was the catalyst to finally make the leap. Then, after Mark was home full-time we had another baby, Tanner. For the first time in his parenting career, Mark was finally able to spend that precious year of babyhood with the baby and the rest of us, together, where we belong. They have a very tight bond and a beautiful connection.
“Fatherhood challenges us, but it also enlarges us and reshapes our perception of what is important in the world around us. As we take stock of this new world, we find that doing our job as a dad is inherently honorable and respectful, and brings to us the dignity that goes with the territory. Far from being emasculating, being a dad makes us men in the finest sense of the term.”
Past Father’s Day blog posts:
- Tuesday Tidbits: Happy Father’s Day! | Talk Birth
- Happy Father’s Day! | Talk Birth
- Happy Father’s Day!
Article of the week:
What I’m reading lately:
What is going on at Brigid’s Grove:
- free summer ritual kit is included in the June issue of our Creative Spirit Circle Journal. Make sure to join the circle today. It is free and full of resources!
- new summer goddess ritual kits
- new Story Goddesses
- Pink Tent kits and sculptures
- redesigned self-study Womanrunes Immersion ecourse offered at a 50% discount through June 21
- Earthprayer mini class for free using code “freeclass” (does not include book or pendant)
- Recent newsletter: Pink Tents.
- Goddess Magic Circle has begun and remains open for new members—this is a co-creative magical alchemy of private ritual, community experiencing, and sacred witnessing.
- Sacred Companion sculptures
On the blog:
Upcoming in-depth courses with Molly: