A frequent topic on email lists for birth professionals is good handouts/resources for booths at maternity or baby fairs. Rather than making copies of materials or creating my own handouts (reinventing the wheel in a less-professional looking way!), I am a fan of using glossy, professionally printed, but still very low cost stuff for tables and also a fan of materials that address good maternity care in general. My top faves for having on a booth or as handouts are:
- The Rights of Childbearing Women: free + shipping from Childbirth Connection or available as a free pdf if you want to print your own)
- The Guide to a Healthy Birth from Choices in Childbirth: free to download as a pdf, or available free + shipping only as an awesome booklet. Seriously, these are AMAZING!
- ICAN’s ICAN Birth pamphlet is a very reasonable 11 cents per copy and is such a nice, positive, informative brochure—-packs a lot of essential birth preparation information into a small space (it is coming up as “unavailable” for me on the site right now, so I’m not sure what is going on. Love it, though!).
- I have some links to other handouts you can print too. I created some myself and others are favorite online resources.
- For homebirth or midwifery specific booths, Citizens for Midwifery has several useful free fact sheets/handouts as well as reasonably priced Midwives Model of Care brochures.